Total Pageviews

Friday 14 October 2016

October all over again

It feels like October.
I don't need a calendar
There's an atmosphere that says it
You may call it the weather.
But it's more of a feeling
I hope it does some healing.
Maybe I've come full circle.
Maybe Octobers will always be the same for me.

October, dear October
You will be my forever friend;
Come what May
In you I find redemption.
When the leaves turn gold and they have life no more.
You bid them well and let them go.

If only letting go were that easy for me.
I'm forever like the evergreen tree.
October,I need a lesson, a 101 maybe
Of letting go and letting live
Of allowing myself to take as much as I give
And its funny that I bank on you
It's funny that I think you will pull me through

Cause if you really ever did
I wouldn't be back to where I started
And yet you have my heart,
October, where do I even start?
You have no glamour and nothing more to a name
Why do I wait all year for you then?
Is it in your beauty or the way the leaves fall
Or maybe it's the hope that life will grow
The way it's October, all over again....

No comments:

Post a Comment