Total Pageviews

Thursday 10 March 2016

Midnight madness

Come midnight and I'm missing you
Wishing you were here with me
And all I want is to be by your side and you by me
Maybe we can stay quiet, maybe I can hold you
Maybe I might kiss you, just maybe.
But baby,
Don't be away too long
Come back to me, come back to bed
Let me share the place you rest your head
The sheets lie empty, the covers lay still
Still, I long for your hand in mine.
Intertwined
Both of us, being us and not one apart
Lay by me, give me your heart.
And when my lips touch yours, hold me close,
For I may shiver at the thought.
For it overwhelms me that you find me worthy
To kiss your hands, your eyes, your lips
And maybe your soul.
But baby, just maybe, you will come home to me
And let me be yours, while you be mine
While I hold your hand and under the sheets we intertwine.

No comments:

Post a Comment