Total Pageviews

Monday 22 February 2016

The wind in my hair

You're like the wind in my hair
I long for you and let my hair down
And you sweep on by
First so shy,
And then like a storm
And I close my eyes as you caress my face
And you pass by and travel beyond.
I'm left alone again
Waiting for your return
And what have you left behind for me?
A hand full of knots and bare trees
And just when I'm tired of breaking through these tangles
I tire and tie my hair back up
Promising myself to take care
But there you come again this time faster, and with so much of life.
And my eyes close once again 
And without my doing my hands stretch out 
And you could blow me away if you wanted to 
But right now you make me feel like flying
And I can hear you whisper in the wind, "let go"
And I'm fighting the urge to
Because I keep letting go and all you do is leave me 
with more knots to entangle.
"Let go" you whisper, again
"Why should I", I'm tearing up now
"Because I love you and I won't ever let you go"
Feeble and hungry. 
For love and certainty, I let myself go, 
now lifted by the wind, a part of this force.
I'm unstoppable, I'm fearful, I'm above the dread of the earth
And out of nowhere I can feel it creep through
After ages, this one's for you, I smile.
But I know this will only last a while.
And my distrust in you brings me down
And now I'm back to the ground.
Now as you go on your way,
I'm left again tangled and astray
And yet I turn around to see, wondering when you will come back to me
Cause no matter the mess you make of me
'The wind in my hair' you will always be.

No comments:

Post a Comment