Total Pageviews

Tuesday 9 February 2016

Lukewarm

I can only take so much of something lukewarm.
There's hot and there's cold and I can take both of them in my stride,
But one at a time.
But lukewarm is weak.
You're too afraid of getting burned,
You're to afraid to freeze,
Lukewarm cannot be me...
I can't stand in the center when I know which side I wanna be on.
And when I don't, I'll choose one anyway,
I'll risk it, for me.
But now you're hot and you're cold and you've pushed me into lukewarm territories.
And I wish I knew where to go.
I could probably walk out the door.
But more than I already am, it will throw me deeper into the floor.
I've done this before.
"Never again" did I say.
But life never listens. He's put me in the same spot.
Wishing my insecurities were never caught.
Wishing my hands never touched cold or hot
For now one hand's frozen and the other not.
One hand's burnt and I wish I had fought.
And in the middle of my heart, I'm lukewarm.
And I need one side to pull me over.
Because lukewarm makes me weak.
And hot or cold, there's only you I really seek.
So pull me a side and stay with me there
Because that's all I dream of, but this is a nightmare.
Babe, I'm almost gone, if you don't take my hand.
I'll lose you and I'll lose me and the world will never understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment